Applying for Continuing Education Credits
The College’s QA Committee must approve course content in advance, for it to qualify for credits in Category A. This evaluation process will ensure that each course meets the following criteria:
- Takes place in a structured learning environment;
- Course providers are recognized subject experts;
- Subject is based on the clinical competencies and is within the Scope of Practice of the profession;
- References or links are provided to support the educational material;
- Activities are evidence-based;
- No commercial bias or product placement
- Generic names are used in presentations whenever possible for all natural health products, devices, laboratory tests, etc.;
- If brand names are used, the brand name appears after the generic name (e.g. in parenthesis). Every drug mentioned is referred to in a similar manner throughout the presentation;
- Clearly articulated and relevant learning outcomes for participants; and
- Accessible to all members equally.
For IVIT courses only, the evaluation also ensures that content includes information regarding contraindications, management of adverse reactions and relevant emergency procedures.
Both course providers and individual members of the College may submit credit approval requests by completing the CE Credit Application Form. You may submit your Credit Application Form by mail or by email.
The QA Committee will review all requests within 60 days of receiving the completed application. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the Committee until we receive all the necessary information, including supporting documentation. If you require approval prior to the date of the activity, please submit your application form as far in advance as possible, and no less than 60 days prior to the date of the activity.
If your credit application is approved, the College will notify you in writing and post your activity on our website under the approved courses list for Category A. Submitting a credit application does not guarantee its approval. The QA Committee reserves the right to deny approval to any activity that it feels is insufficient, for reasons of quality, relevance of the content, the completeness of the submission, or for any other reason.
Click here for the CE Application Form and Handbook.