The College of Naturopaths of Ontario is the regulatory body for the profession of naturopathy in Ontario. The College’s mandate is to protect the public and to ensure safe, ethical and competent naturopathic care for the people of Ontario.
The College meets its mandate of protecting public safety by:
- Regulating the practice of naturopathy in accordance with relevant legislation and regulations;
- Developing and enforcing naturopathic standards of practice, policies, guidelines and the code of ethics;
- Ensuring only those applicants who have met the registration requirements are authorized to practice in Ontario;
- Promoting continuing competency among naturopaths through a Quality Assurance Program;
- Investigating and managing the complaints process;
- Imposing sanctions on members who have been found guilty of professional misconduct or incompetence;
- Maintaining a public register that includes specific information about members and their practices;
- Conducting routine inspections of clinics that perform Intravenous Infusion Therapy injections to ensure compliance with established standard and to support continuous quality improvement.